Saturday 19 October 2013

Around here

Q
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
We harvested our first zucchinis this week. And I tried out a slight variation on this recipe for ricotta-stuffed fried zucchini flowers.
Untitled
Untitled
We also harvested our first onions. We're a month early, but we needed the space. The two garden beds seemed more than adequate when we started, but we're beginning to think that real estate in the beds is too valuable to be taken up for six months growing onions. Ma is hanging the onions in the garage and has tasked me with braiding them.
Untitled
I made pesto with our basil. Tonight we had pesto chicken with the fried zucchini flowers and butter beans from our kitchen garden.
Untitled
Voila my new recipe book. While I waited for Juliet to arrive, I photocopied recipes from my cookbooks and organised them in a folder. Yep, it sounds a little OCD, but it's made menu planning so much easier.

No comments: