Monday 17 March 2014

You put Basil in the ratatouille?

I do adore Italian food, and this herb is one of the reasons, the other being garlic!

Even Bunnings offers three varieties
  • Thai Basil (first photo)
  • Sweet Basil (bottom photo), and
  • Holy Basil, which I did not purchase.
Herbs in the garden have an unexpected role. I often meander along the pathways with Juliet in my arms. I tell her the name of the herb, and then suggest that she smells it. Sweet Basil is particularly good for this.

Basil was Manuel's pet rat, in Season 2, Episode 6, of "Fawlty Towers", October 1979.

1 comment:

head in the sun said...

Love that episode!
I've got either Thai Mint or Thai Basil in my garden - I googled to figure out which and wiki said thai basil is from the mint family so....I dunno what I've got!