Monday 2 December 2013

A place for fun, too

As well as producing healthy vegetables, a garden should be a visually appealing place to meander. An experience, not just a job. So with this in mind, I am set about 'moulding'.
The beds are straight, as are the pathways. The pebble covering for the path 'softens' the appearance already. Now the paths are littered with pots and planters giving the appearance of weaving. Not long ago, I found some very cheap 'windmills' that add colour and movement. This week I have added a wind chime, but need to find a permanent home for it rather than on a branch of the camellia where it is out of the way of the wind. Duh! These little figurines (very cheap at Bunnings) are going to prove a hit, so will scatter them throughout. My next project is to work on giving some height to the garden in spots.

4 comments:

Rosemary said...

How about a small solar operated garden fountain? Water is so soothing.

head in the sun said...

Such a happy garden - the best kind!

Julie said...

I agree, that a happy garden is the best type.

ooo I immediately dismissed a fountain because of the young children, but if I can devise a 'tower' for it to perch atop ... two birds with one stone. Let's see if I can get it past management!!

Rosemary said...

There are some really cute tabletop midget fountains. Perhaps a bird bath? Hmmm ... that may encourage the birds to forage, not that desirable, but still ...