Saturday 1 February 2014

Oh, my ears and whiskers! Well, I never ...

I found these - there were two of them - dangling from my Chinese Star Jasmine this afternoon. I had gone the length and breadth, merrily chomping individual tendrils with my trusty secateurs. It was only on the way back when I had graduated to the larger shears for a short back'n'sides, when I espied them.
I checked my watch: still a ways from 1st April. Perhaps they had fallen from the large tree overhead, which had complex pink flowers 6 weeks ago. I leant gingerly over - my shocking balance means I often topple when trying to do this. But no. The beans are cojoined on the bush.

1 comment:

Kay L. Davies said...

Ooh, now I'm curious. Please let us know what the beans turn out to be, Julie.
I've figured out why your posts don't always show up in my e-mail, the server puts them in the wrong place, and my forgetter is a whole lot better than my rememberer.
My balance isn't very good, either, so I know what danger you're in. Take care.
Luv, K